Birth Certificate Correction Ph-09540005002 | Birth Certificate Name Change | Name Change
It is important to apply for the birth certificate within 21 days of child is born. It is very important that one has to register their child’s birth for the enjoyment of the fundamental rights and to get the citizenship of the country. A receipt is provided by the hospital administrations through which parent can apply for birth certificate in the respective Municipal office or Mandal office. The certification gets done within a short span of time of about 15 to 20 days. It’s an official document issued to record a person’s birth and identify them by a name, date of birth, place, percentage and other. Therefore, registration and certification of birth and death is given under Registrations of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 and 2002 under vide notification no. S.O.87/CA.
To change name or make corrections in Birth Certificate it is quite difficult and complex procedure. But it can be done either through offline method or online method with some specified reasons.
Ø Through offline there are 2 ways:
o Newspaper publication
Ø Online procedure to apply for certification.
How to Change name in Birth certificate through Affidavit
1) You can go to the nearest and respective municipal office to your area and take the application form regarding the amendment in name already mentioned in the birth certificate.
2) Go to local notary and get an affidavit.
3) Specify the strong and factual reason for change of name.
4) This affidavit is used for changing first or last name or complete name.
5) It is important to submit the affidavit at municipal Office along with some documents i.e; old birth certificate, Address proof, remaining proofs as well.
6) Within a period of 15 to 20 days, you will get your new birth certificate at your doorstep.
How to Change name in Birth certificate through Newspaper Publication
Following the sample of the newspaper application:
I……………………..(Old name) have changed my name from ……………(Old name) to ……………. (new name) by affidavit sworn before the Notary Public, …………(place) on …………..(date). Henceforth, I shall be known as ………….(new name) for all purposes………….(Name) and ………………….(complete postal address).
This is the performa/sample of newspaper application. Candidate should fill in all details properly and publish the same in local newspaper. This performa is applicable for all ages of people especially for majors preserve the scanned and hard copies well for future verification (if in case).
1. You have to send the accompanying documents to the Secretary, Department of Commerce and Transport (Commerce), _________________ (State).
2. Letter to the Secretary, asking for him to allow you to change your name.
3. The "Deed Changing Surname Form"
4. True duplicates of the daily newspapers in which your name change proclamation is published.
5. Attested duplicate of the Name Change Affidavit. A print out of the statement in plain paper that you have to get published in your official Gazette. (By and large Same as your Newspaper Statement)
6. A Copy of your current identity like your Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Birth Certificate, School or College Certificates and etc.
Presently to get your name published in the Official Gazette of your state, for instance: "The Delhi Gazette", you have to do the following things:
Visit your local Government Press or the division that assembles Gazette notification.
Note-Once your announcement is published in the official Gazette, you name change process arrives at an end, and now you can make the most of your new name.
Here are the documents that you need to do to submit the Gazette notification:
a. Carry a duplicate of the 'Deed changing name from' accessible with the Controller of Publication, Department of Publication;
b. On the other hand, a letter of affirmation from you, expressing the requirement for changing the name will do;
c. Carry unique copies of commercials published with the date. (Connect the two advertisements);
d. Carry two attested photos to guarantee you proceed with the system uninterrupted;
e. Carry address and identity proofs (The address ought to be the same as the one published in the daily paper and sworn statement. Any difference in address may bring about dismissal of application).
Points to remember: Make a few copies of the Gazette Notification and carefully preserve it for a lifetime.
Fee Structure for Registration
1. Registration within a time period of 21 days of occurrence - No fee
2. Registration after 21 days of birth but up to 30 days of occurrence - Rs.1/-
3. Registration after 30 days of birth but up to 1 year of occurrence - Rs.1/-
4. Registration after 1 year of occurrence - Rs.1/-
Documents involved in the whole process:
· Name Change Affidavit
· Newspaper Publication
· Name Change Deed
· Request letter to the Secretariat
· Name Change Statement
· Reply Letter from the Secretariat
· Publication Money Receipt.
· Gazette Notification
HOW TO CHANGE NAME IN BIRTH CERTIFICATE THROUGH ONLINE METHOD
Step 1: Download the form online,
Step 2: Fill in the correct information about the name of the person in the form,
Step 3: pay the fees along with the document required for the change in the name,
Step 4: After submitting the application, the applicant will get a computer generated receiving with a unique id with a target date,
Step 5: Then comes the verification which is done by the concerned clerk.
New Amendments or New Law to change name in Birth Certificate.
Which are the places where a person can change name in birth certificate via online.
WHO CAN REPORT FOR HARYANA BIRTH CIRTIFICATE ONLINE:
ü When the birth has taken place in the house,
ü When the birth has taken place in a Boarding House or a Dharamshala,
ü When the birth has taken place in jail,
ü When the birth has taken place in maternity home and other like institution,
ü When the birth has taken place in sadar hospital/sub-divisional hospital, medical college,
ü When the birth has taken place in a moving vehicle,
ü When the birth has taken place in a public palce.