Do you have an idea about how to change your passport name after marriage? Or, which documents are required for a passport after marriage?
Here is the process you should know to change the name in Indian passport after marriage.
How to change name in Indian passport after marriage?
You have to apply for a 'Re-issue' of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars to change the name in the passport.
You will also have to submit required documents along with the application form to validate your request. It will help you to proceed for the steps for passport name change after marriage.
How to apply for reissue of passport
Steps to change passport name after marriage
You can follow either of these steps to change passport name change after marriage.
Steps for online form submission
1. First, you have to register through the Passport Seva Online Portal by clicking on Register Now link on its Home Page
2. Now, you have to log in to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id
3. Click on Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport to proceed further
4. Then, you have to fill the required details in the form and submit.
5. Click the Pay and Schedule Appointment link on the View Saved/Submitted Applications screen to schedule an appointment. Remember, online payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at all Passport Seva Kendras/Passport Offices.
6. You need to click the Print Application Receipt link to print the application receipt containing Application Reference Number (ARN)/Appointment Number
7. After making a payment, visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) where appointment has been booked, along with original documents
Steps for e-Form submission
You have to download the e-Form through the Download e-Form link available on the home page in this process. Then, you have to fill the downloaded e-Form and click the Validate and Save button in it. This will generate an XML file, which will be required later for uploading in the system.
Following the similar process mentioned above, you have to log in to the Passport Seva Online Portal with the registered Login Id. Upload the XML file through the Upload e-Form link after making a successful login. Please, don’t upload the PDF form at this stage as the only XML file is accepted by the system.
You have to go through a similar payment process to schedule an appointment in your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) along with the original documents.
Documents required for passport name change
1. Original marriage certificate with a photocopy is required in this case. You will also need a self-attested photocopy of the spouse's passport along with a copy of marriage certificate if available
2. Old passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages, including Emigration Check Required (ECR) /Non-ECR page (previously ECNR) and the page of observation (if any), made by Passport Issuing Authority and validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport
3. Proof of Present Address
Which documents are required for passport afterdivorce?
You have to submit a court-certified copy of divorce decree or self-attested copy of divorce certificate to change your name on account of divorce.