Name change in UP board marksheet: There are many students on the UP board who want to change their names in their UP board marksheets. Various reasons could be behind their decision. However, thinking about something and doing it are two different things.
So, the name change in the UP board marksheet is challenging. In India, you have to go through a legal procedure where your documents should be appropriate and well-organized. And to go through the whole procedure you have to go to court, hire a lawyer for yourself and also file an affidavit for it.
What if my Name is Different on the 10th & 12th class Marksheet?
When you are in such a situation, you do not need to make more than one affidavit. The only thing you have to do is to align both the wrong name and the correct name on your educational certificates. If you wish to change your name in class 12th in India, you must follow the same procedure.
Reasons for name change in the mark sheet
There can be several reasons in front of you why you have to change your name on your 10th or 12th marksheet, such as:-
- Widow marriage
- Numerology Reasons
- spelling error by the board
- Spelling error is done by the school in 10th pre-board sheet
- Spelling Errors
- Marriage after divorce
- In satisfaction/disliking
- Change of gender
- Change in Religion
Read More: Name change in SDMC birth certificate
Documents Required for Name Change UP Board mark sheets
- Proof of Education: Original marksheets from the UP Board, school leaving certificates, and admission documents.
- Address Proof: An Aadhar card or an electricity bill (optional).
- Photograph: Passport Size Photo.
- Gazette Notification: A government-issued certificate of publication.
- ID Proof: Pan card, Aadhar card, passport, etc.
Revised Rules of UP Board in 2023 for Correction of Name Change
The revised rules of UP Board in 2023 for correction of name change say strictly that:-
- You can only correct your date of birth one year after the announcement of the results.
- If you wish to change your date of birth, you must submit a request to the Head of School with the required documentation. A correction cannot be made to an application submitted after a year from the date of the result announcement.
- The name of the Candidate / Surname, Father’s name / Mother’s name / Guardian’s name can be corrected if it contains spelling errors or factual typos.
- Admission forms, school leaving certificates, and admission and withdrawal records are required.
- A Court of Law must admit changes in a name or surname before they take effect, and a Government Gazette notice must be published.
The procedure of name change in UP board Marksheet
This process involves the steps stated below:-
Step 1- Affidavit submission
First of all, you will have to create an affidavit by seeking the help of a local notary. Your letter must include the reason for your name change. The reason can be many such as in some communities in India; one has to change their name as per the ritual. Or else, sometimes, a name may be too long or difficult to pronounce. In these cases, there comes a need for a name change which you will have to clarify in your affidavit.
Step 2- Publishing
The second step is to publish your name change. You should publish this in at least two local papers, one in English and one in the local language. Also, you should retain a few copies of the document for future reference.
Step 3- Gazette notification
Once the above is done, you should get notified to the gazette of your state, and then also you will have to fill out the deed changing name form. Keeping two copies of it with you is also a good idea here. Then submit the copies to the government press for the gazette notification.
Step 4- Verification
The Department of Commerce and the Secretary of Transportation will now review and verify your documents.
Step 5- Approval
Once you have received approval from the Department of Commerce and transport secretary, you must submit the approval to the local gazette office. After submitting your documents, you must contact the educational institution and request a name change.
What is the procedure for name correction through e harkara?
The e-Harkara portal – http://parikshasangam.cbse.gov.in/frmRo is used by School Principals to maintain an electronic record of the school’s activities, which can be accessed and verified by CBSE authorities.
- Students or their parents/guardians must request a change of name from the Principal of the CBSE-affiliated school.
- Upon receiving the application and accompanying documents, such as the court order or Gazette notification regarding the name change, the Principal should verify their authenticity and validity.
- In order to ensure the accuracy and currentness of the student’s record in e-Harkara, the Principal should update the student’s record with the new name.
- It is the Principal’s responsibility to ensure that all relevant documents and records, including a student’s Mark Sheet and transfer certificate, reflect the student’s new name.
- In addition to advising the CBSE regional office, the Principal should update the updated information on the CBSE website and the e-Harkara portal.
To get more specific information and guidance regarding the procedure for changing a student’s name through e-Harkara, please contact the CBSE-affiliated school and talk to the Principal or other designated authorities.
How much does changing your Name on 10th or 12th certificates cost?
A name change is not a simple process, and it may cost you around Rs.999.
After the completion of all the processes, you should actually visit the educational institute of your choice. And finally, complete the process of name change in the UP board. The best way to proceed is to pay a personal visit and then submit the documents. Once they are submitted, it should take a few days for things to be resolved.
- Name Change in 10th Mark sheet in India
- Procedure to Apply For Marriage Registration In Ghaziabad
- Name change in SDMC birth certificate
- Process of Name Change in Education Certificate in India
- Name Change in NDMC Birth Certificate
Frequently asked questions–
Q.1 Is an affidavit mandatory for name correction?
Yes, an affidavit is mandatory for name correction.
Q.2 Can you change the name on the 10th or 12th certificates?
Yes, you can change the name on the 10th or 12th certificate. But, for this, you have a certain fixed period of time which is one year from the date of the result declaration.
Q.3 What happens if the 10th and 12th mark sheets have different names?
If the 10th and 12th mark sheets have different names, then you may face problems while seeking for job or while making your passport or other documents work.
Q.4 Does changing your name on educational certificates cost anything?
Yes, it costs you around 3000.
Q.5 If someone is already graduated, can they make changes to their educational certificates?
Yes, of course, you can also make changes in this situation, but you need to have some extra documents.
Q.6 To whom do we have to write the approval letter for our name change on the up board mark sheet?
We have to write the request letter to the secretary of commerce and the transport department.